CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Homemade Carpet Shampoo

I needed to shampoo my sofa and I knew that carpet shampoo would work great but I didn't have time to go out and buy shampoo or rent a carpet shampoo machine, so I just invented my own and it worked great! Here's what I did:

Sara's Homemade Carpet Shampoo
Add about 1/4 a cup of liquid laundry detergent, 1 teaspoon of laundry stain remover, 1/2 cup vinegar and filled a large bucket up with hot water mixing it all together. Then I just used an old cloth and scrubbed and it worked perfectly! For smaller areas just add about half the amount of all of this just so that you're not wasting ingredients. :)

If you don't like my carpet shampoo, here's a couple others that I found online that inspired me to make my own.

Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution Add about 3 teaspoons of clear dishwashing liquid (non moisturizing), 1/4 cup of ammonia, and 1/4 cup of vinegar to a few gallons of water. I've also used 1/2 cup of vinegar to a few gallons of water. Everything comes out great!
Crystal

And here's a home made odor eliminator that I found also worked wonderfully!

This Recipe Kills Odors I have used grocery store rental carpet machines before and have come up with my own "recipe." Use one scoop of OxiClean, one cup of generic Fabreeze or one cup of vinegar, and the recommended hot water. The outcome is not only clean, but it also kills all odors. I used this formula on a very used couch that smelled of dirty dogs so bad that I would not even bring it into my home and the outcome was wonderful. Do not worry about using vinegar. Once the vinegar dries, the smell is gone.
Debra in Texas

0 comments:

Post a Comment